Everyone in our house enjoys a good, homemade pikelet with raspberry jam. I would like to share with you my secret recipe for a scrumptious treat.
- 1 fresh egg from our chickens
- 1 cup organic plain flour
- 3/4 cup of low fat milk
- 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tspn bi carb soda
- a splash of white vinegar
- Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add the flour, milk and sugar.
- Add the bi-carb soda and add a splash of vinegar on the bi carb to make it fizz.
- Whisk the batter until smooth.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium (Wait 15 mins until pan is hot)
- Temper the pan by rubbing margarine on surface with folded paper towel
- Add your batter in small spoons and cook until bubbles start to surface. Flip and cook on other side
- Cool on baking rack and enjoy.
|Happy the Rooster (now gone) and one of the 'girls'|